Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
This is all about my transition from an American lifestyle and culture to my newest adventure, life in Spain, in the city of Palma on the island of Mallorca in the middle of the Mediterranean sea!! I moved from the USA to Cuenca, Ecuador, South America and lived there for 7 years before moving here to Spain in early 2018. I'll be recapping some of my day-to-day experiences (and mishaps) to highlight what it's like to live here....across the pond...as well as Home Exchange trips to exciting places all over Europe!

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Copenhagen - Day 5 of 10 - Aquarium

Hello again....hello.  

I went to see the Copenhagen Aquarium.  I don't make it a habit of going to every city's aquarium and/or zoo, but I heard a lot about this place, saw the cool exterior architecture and, well, it was FREE with my 5-day Copenhagen City Card.

So, I hopped the same bus I've been using over and over to take me to the main train station, then switched to the Metro train to take me to my final destination.  Almost.  The aquarium is in a very odd location, away from the city and other tourist attractions.  I got off at the correct stop and had to walk the equivalent of maybe 8 blocks.  I actually walked more than that, because signage was next to non-existent and the structure itself was kinda hidden, out of sight.  I ended up back-tracking a few times.

As I approached, I wondered if it was even open as there were only a few cars out front and no activity around the front entrance.  There were no lines so I got my ticket right away and started the self-tour.

Some time later, I wrote a review on TripAdvisor and sort of gave it an 'Ehhh' rating because of the location, too many cardboard (ish) exhibits, and the live stuff was just 'ehhhh'.   Of course, I was also comparing my experience having seen the aquarium in my own city Palma, Mallorca....which is DAZZLING!!

But, who am I to complain when everything was free?

Wanna see some fishies?   Here ya go!!


The exterior of the building is a cool design, but unfortunately you don't get a sense of it while on the ground.  You need to do a fly-over.

These frogs are all of maybe an inch and a half long.


 SHHH....I'm trying to hide from the predator fish!






This guy must've ran head first into some Chinese chopsticks!


Not tonight dear, I have a headache!


Tight-lipped, Mueller refuses to testify before Congress.


Oooohhh...the guy taking my photo is soooo cute!!


"Dexter....your family and I think you're snorting again!!"


"Yeah, you'd be a little ticked off too if you looked like me!"


UMMM....a little heavy on the Botox maybe??


I'm so ADORABLE!






I do NOT like Sea Rays!  They scare the carp outa me!!



Fascinating, but poisonous.

I AM NOT FAT!  I'M JUST BIG-BONED!!



CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO OF FISH IN THE LARGE TANK




Next up...Day 6...!!


Dano


ExpatsBlog.com - Where Expats Blog










3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness !
    I really love this post cause I'm nuts about aquariums, and zoos !
    The outside is amazing. That would be a cool photo to hang on the wall.
    Thank you for sharing as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could make cards with your comments. very funny!

    ReplyDelete

Total Page Views