Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
This is all about my transition from an American lifestyle and culture to my newest adventure, life in Spain, in the city of Palma on the island of Mallorca in the middle of the Mediterranean sea!! I moved from the USA to Cuenca, Ecuador, South America and lived there for 7 years before moving here to Spain in early 2018. I'll be recapping some of my day-to-day experiences (and mishaps) to highlight what it's like to live here....across the pond...as well as Home Exchange trips to exciting places all over Europe!

Saturday, September 25, 2021

Day Trip - Cala Sa Calobra & Torrent Pareis...via Boat!!

July 22, 2021

I've been to Sa Calobra and Torrent Pareis before....but, via land on my moto.  Mallorca has a very dramatic coastline, but there's a lot of it you can't see unless you see it from the sea!

If you want to see what I saw from my land excursion to Sa Calobra via moto, click on this link:

http://magicalmallorca.blogspot.com/2018/09/a-day-trip-one-like-no-other.html

I booked my boat tour on the Barcos Azules website:  https://www.barcoscalobra.com/?lang=en

The cost for me was 23 Euros because I'm a resident, otherwise it's 30 Euros.  I selected the 10 am departure time, from Port of Soller, so I could have a good full day at Sa Calobra.

I chose to ride my moto (versus bus or train) as it only took me 40 minutes to get there and parking spaces were plentiful within a few blocks of the dock.  We set sail on time, with about 100 passengers aboard, under sunny clear skies and about 80 degrees.  Perfect!

The excursion TO Sa Calobra takes about one hour, but the return trip was slightly longer because it stopped off in neighboring Cala Truent to pick up passengers.

Mallorca is a rocky island....the coastline leaves no doubt about that!  The 'wow factor' was off the charts gazing at the towering cliffs, coves, ancient hilltop watch towers, craggy rock formations, and the various watercraft, from yachts to paddleboarders, we passed along the way.

Sa Calobra is a small village of restaurants and a few shops clinging to the hillside, amazing topography, yachts, snorkeling, two beaches, cliff diving, and lots of eye candy.  To get there via land is a long drive, or bus ride, and involves a 10 km long serpentine road near the end.  It's a VERY popular destination which will be obvious why when you get there.

There are two beaches, one right in front of the village and the other at Torrent Pareis a couple hundred meters away accessed via a promenade and 3 pedestrian tunnels with fantastic views along the way.  Both beaches are more pebbly than sand, so be sure to bring footwear you can get wet.  Snorkeling was 'ehhh' on the Pareis side but I imagine it's better in Sa Calobra proper due to all the rock outcrops which fish love.

On the walk back from Torrent Pareis, there's plenty of places to stop and rest and take in the views.  Also, there's public showers for 2 Euros if you want to wash the sand and salt off...but, there's likely a queue, too.  

The return trip left at 4:40 pm.  Before departure, you might opt for a snack and a drink at one of the many open-air, rustic restaurants overlooking the cove, or wait until you arrive back in Port of Soller (around 6pm) and dine at one of the many waterside venues.


My trip:
  • Left my apartment around 8:30am
  • From Palma up into the Tramuntana mountains, through a 2 km long tunnel, to the TOWN of Soller.
  • Then, a 10 minute descent, through a 1 km long tunnel, to the PORT of Soller.
  • Tour boat from Port of Soller to Sa Calobra then, on return, Sa Calobra to Cala Truent to Port of Soller.
  • Back home by 7pm.

I took 83 photos and 34 video clips!!!  Don't worry, I picked only the best photos and whittled the videos down to, when combined into one, resulted in a mere 25 minute diversion for you to enjoy!!

BTW...I suggest you restart your computer before watching the video because videos tend to hog memory which results in a jerky viewing.  Re-starting your pooter will restore your memory.  (hmmm....if I could only press a button on my brain to restore MY memory!)

Anduh now, I present the World Premier of my movie'ette:


Or, click here:  https://youtu.be/q8mJ9xWkYwA



UNTIL NEXT TIME...
Dano
By the way, if you're interested in viewing any of my past entries about travelling around Europe and where I live in Mallorca, simply scroll down past my signature to the end.  There, you'll see 'Blog History'.  You can click on any Month/Year to see the titles I published at that time.  Simply click on the title you're interested in and it will take you to that page.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Page Views