Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
This is all about my transition from an American lifestyle and culture to my newest adventure, life in Spain, in the city of Palma on the island of Mallorca in the middle of the Mediterranean sea!! I moved from the USA to Cuenca, Ecuador, South America and lived there for 7 years before moving here to Spain in early 2018. I'll be recapping some of my day-to-day experiences (and mishaps) to highlight what it's like to live here....across the pond...as well as Home Exchange trips to exciting places all over Europe!

Thursday, June 17, 2021

Day Trip - Port des Canonge

Hola!!!

During my recent moto escape through the Tramuntana mountains, I noticed a small village waaaaay down the mountainside at the waters edge.  Never noticed it before and didn't know there was a road to even get to that area!

Well, I found the access road....all 3 miles of it with 30 switchbacks...just 12 miles from Palma!!

The village is called 'Port des Canonge' and has a whopping population of about 50 (not counting tourists).  I think I spotted 2 cafes, but no gas station, pharmacy, or bank.  It's just a little enclave of homes sitting at the foot of the mountains, on a quiet bay.

After I spent 30 minutes there, I returned to Palma (not the same way I came) through Bunyalbufar and Estellencs, two charming towns of traditional Mallorcan architecture surrounded by a zillion rock-walled terraces.

My entire afternoon jaunt took only 3.5 hours and covered about 60 miles.

So, put on your helmet and hop on the back and enjoy the ride with me!!

There's a margarita waiting when we get back.

Before watching the video, I recommend you restart your computer first as videos can be a memory hog which results in a choppy viewing.  By re-starting your computer, you reset your memory to full capacity and you'll get better performance.

Another tip...if the video is lacking in clarity, you can click on Settings at the bottom right corner, select Quality, and increase the pixel rate (ie; to HD).

Enjoy the video!!!  Don't forget to select full screen!!




....or click here:  https://youtu.be/KxWJQ_bYFMI


Until next time...
Dano
By the way, if you're interested in viewing any of my past entries about travelling around Europe and where I live in Mallorca, simply scroll down past my signature to the end.  There, you'll see 'Blog History'.  You can click on any Month/Year to see the titles I published at that time.  Simply click on the title you're interested in and it will take you to that page.


1 comment:

Total Page Views