Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
This is all about my transition from an American lifestyle and culture to my newest adventure, life in Spain, in the city of Palma on the island of Mallorca in the middle of the Mediterranean sea!! I moved from the USA to Cuenca, Ecuador, South America and lived there for 7 years before moving here to Spain in early 2018. I'll be recapping some of my day-to-day experiences (and mishaps) to highlight what it's like to live here....across the pond...as well as Home Exchange trips to exciting places all over Europe!

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Snorkeling at Cala Mago (with underwater GoPro)

July 22, 2020
Palma, Mallorca, Spain

As you probably know by now, I purchased a new toy....a GoPro camera which allows me to film while I'm riding my motorcycle, or bopping along on my new electric kick-scooter, or snorkeling in the Med Sea!!

This is my first video while snorkeling.  I went to my favorite cove about 15 minutes outside of Palma.  It's called Cala (meaning 'cove') Mago but it's also known as Playa (meaning 'beach') Mago.  I like it because it's quiet, the water is calm (vs breaking waves), you can wade out about 100 ft and still touch bottom, and there's always beautiful boats anchored a bit further out.  I like the fact I can ride my motorcycle and park it 50 yards away versus everyone else who has to drive their car and find a spot to park along the winding, steep road and walk down (more importantly, back UP!).

I refer to it as the 'M beach' because, from the air, it's shaped like an 'M'.  There's actually 3 coves there and 2 restaurants right at the edge of the sand.






Snorkeling is best around rocks and outcrops as that's where the fish like to hang out.  So, get comfy, beverage in hand, no need for goggles or a blow tube, you don't even have to know how to swim...I'll take care of all that for you!

Please mute your cell phone for this 18 minute show!


Let's go under the Sea!!!

Shall we??




Or, you can click on this link:  https://youtu.be/pK5Okfy6rSM



Stay Tuned...

Who knows what I'll blog about next!!!

Dano



By the way, if you're interested in viewing any of my past entries about travelling around Europe and where I live in Mallorca, simply scroll down past my signature to the end.  There, you'll see 'Blog History'.  You can click on any Month/Year to see the titles I published at that time.  Simply click on the title you're interested in and it will take you to that page.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Page Views