Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
This is all about my transition from an American lifestyle and culture to my newest adventure, life in Spain, in the city of Palma on the island of Mallorca in the middle of the Mediterranean sea!! I moved from the USA to Cuenca, Ecuador, South America and lived there for 7 years before moving here to Spain in early 2018. I'll be recapping some of my day-to-day experiences (and mishaps) to highlight what it's like to live here....across the pond...as well as Home Exchange trips to exciting places all over Europe!

Sunday, May 10, 2020

A Day Trip to....Capdepera - a Walled 'City'


Feb 23, 2019

Another one of those days when I decided to hop on my moto and go explore.  Beautiful, sunny day, temps low 70's (normally mid-60's).  
My route (black line)

First stop:  Capdepera



The walls were built in the early 1300's to protect the city and its inhabitants from pirates.



The raised walkway allowed guards to monitor coastal activity.




From the 17th century, inhabitants gradually settled outside the walls.



Entrance to a typical, very tiny house.












Look Ma...no mortar!!


Next Stop:  Cala (cove) Rajada

Rajada (or Ratjada) is one of many popular beach resort towns around the island.  It's full-time population stands around 6,000 but swells greatly during the summer season due to its popularity with German tourists.




Sa Torre Cega

Tootling along on my moto, I spotted this mansion.  It was built in 1916 for the banking family March.  The house and gardens are open to the public for tours, but not when I happened by.    ;-(





I spotted a lighthouse in the distance and headed over there.

Looking back at Sa Torre Cega and the town of Rajada.



Faro (lighthouse) Capdepera






Continuing to explore on my moto, following the coastline.

Next Stop:  Cala (cove) Agulla



Next Stop:  Cala Mesquida





Next Stop:  Back to Palma


Many of the roundabouts on the island have works of art.


Statistics for the day:

  • Drove 200km (120 miles)
  • Left at 1pm, home by 6pm
  • Took 89 photos



Until Next Time!!!

Dano



By the way, if you're interested in viewing any of my past entries about travelling around Europe and where I live in Mallorca, simply scroll down past my signature to the end.  There, you'll see 'Blog History'.  You can click on any Month/Year to see the titles I published at that time.  Simply click on the title you're interested in and it will take you to that page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Page Views