Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
This is all about my transition from an American lifestyle and culture to my newest adventure, life in Spain, in the city of Palma on the island of Mallorca in the middle of the Mediterranean sea!! I moved from the USA to Cuenca, Ecuador, South America and lived there for 7 years before moving here to Spain in early 2018. I'll be recapping some of my day-to-day experiences (and mishaps) to highlight what it's like to live here....across the pond...as well as Home Exchange trips to exciting places all over Europe!

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Scenery Around the Island of Mallorca

Due to the CoronaVirus lockdown, I haven't been able to travel.  But, I still have a zillion photos from my past explorations of the island of Mallorca, where I call home.  Here's a random handful to share with you.

Cala Major (My Your)
A community adjacent to Palma.


Beautiful rock formations at 'West Dock' beach.



Snorkeling near West Dock beach, I came upon this cave.


A 600 year old olive tree at Plaza Cort in Palma.




Part of the Tramuntana Mountain range.
A UNESCO World Heritage site.



Convent of Santa Clara - Palma




Rock walls are EVERYWHERE in Mallorca.
I love how these are built without mortar like a jigsaw puzzle.



The Norwegian Epic
4100 passengers
1,081 feet long
1,724 crew
19 decks
200 feet tall



Northern coastline.






Many areas have nicely constructed walkways and stairs leading down to the beach.


Typical narrow streets in old town Palma.


Windmills are all over Mallorca, like these in Palma.
The vast majority are no longer operational.


One of many public swim facilities in Palma.


Ave Born
(the Rodeo Drive of Palma)





Next up...

I go below ground into caves of stalagmite and stalactites below Porto Cristo!!



Stay Tuned!!


Dano



By the way, if you're interested in viewing any of my past entries about travelling around Europe and where I live in Mallorca, simply scroll down past my signature to the end.  There, you'll see 'Blog History'.  You can click on any Month/Year to see the titles I published at that time.  Simply click on the title you're interested in and it will take you to that page.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Page Views